So I just happened to be watching Rachael Rae’s 30-Minute Meals this week, I always have this channel on in the background and as I was going about my day I heard her making a potato salad……..then I realized, hey…..their is no mayo in this recipe!!! So though she calls in a Tangy Goat Cheese & Dill Potato Salad, I like this name better in honor of me and my sis!
- 2 1/2 pounds diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup yogurt, creme fraiche, or sour cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Salt the water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
When the potatoes are cooked, return them to the hot pot and douse with a splash of wine or a couple tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
In a bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, yogurt, creme fraiche or sour cream, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Toss the potatoes, dill and scallions in the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Garnish the salad with chopped pickles and thinly sliced radishes and serve.