This is a great recipe for Pulled Pork Sliders, Sandwiches or Fajita’s the recipe I originally found on Betty Crockers website was actually for Fajita’s, but I’m serving it over Mexican Pasta that I have, it’s basically just very thin pasta.
- 1 pork boneless loin roast, (2 1/2 pounds), trimmed on fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (I made my own homemade sauce see below for recipe)
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Place onion on top. Mix barbecue sauce, salsa, chili powder and cumin in small bowl; pour over pork and onion.
2 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to cooker and mix well. Stir in stir-fry vegetables and salt. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and vegetables are tender.
Using slotted spoon to remove pork mixture from cooker and serve over rice, noodles, or place on a bun or fajita
Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine ingredients and shake well. Leave in fridge up to 3 mths.