I have been thinking about joining the CCC for awhile now so when Nicole over at The Daily Dish Recipes asked if I wanted to, I very well couldn’t say no!! Here is a little about it:
This Linky Party is called CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE
. This is a different kind of linky party, and a little more challenging then just a simple ole’ link up whatever you’d like linky party. We are out to cook, blog and vote for the ULTIMATE recipes.It’s easy to join in, just fill out the form below. Once your form is received you will be added and will receive an email. There are only a few rules to follow so that we are all working to benefit one another. This is going to be an EXCITING CHALLENGE!Who Are We:
We are a group of bloggers (see the entire list of participants below)
that are getting together in “Blog Land” to bring you ONE FEATURED FOOD ITEM each month of the year! This ONE ITEM will be made by different bloggers from recipes we find in BLOGLAND, but we will ALL be making the SAME FOOD ITEM !!!
To read up more about the CCC or how to enter for future themes, please visit Tina over at Moms Crazy Cooking
. She’ll tell you all about it!
This Month’s Theme:
Fried Chicken!!! Yes I said Fried Chicken folks!!
I found my recipe off of My Kitchen
. Lydia is the cook behind that foodie blog and seems to have some great recipes over their! I went on a search for fried chicken made with corn flakes because I had heard of it before and I wanted to give it a shot, I also heard it was healthier however I chose to deep fry it in a fry daddy machine (since my mom had one on hand) So the next time I’ll make it maybe I’ll try it in the oven, however I wanted the BEST crunch whether it was good or bad for me, and well, I achieved that this past holiday week!
- chicken tenders and/or drumsticks
- 2-3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1-2 cups cornflakes (more/less), crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Oil for deep-frying
Here was my set up station:
- Pat dry chicken strips with paper towel then marinate with salt and pepper to taste for about 10 minutes. Add in other spices if desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg mixture by mixing together egg and milk in a bowl and combine crushed cornflakes with salt and pepper in a separated shallow bowl.
- Put all-purpose flour into a clean plastic bag, add in chicken strips and shake well to coat all chicken strips with flour evenly. (I used a tin pan because I had a lot of chicken I was using and I just coated it right in there.
- Take a piece of chicken coated with flour, shake to remove excess flour. Dip into egg mixture, then drop in cornflakes bowl to coat. Repeat for all chicken. Here they are ready to be dropped down into t
- Heat oil in a pot, drop in chicken strips and fry with medium heat till golden brown.
I made these wonderful bundles of crispiness for my hubby, sister, mom and cousin.
They really liked it! Had great crisp! The only thing I’ll do different next time is use more seasoning, I almost used cajun for my hubby but I had so much to make I had no time, everything went so fast!
I served them with BBQ Sauce, Honey Mustard and Ranch dressing.
See what other awesome Fried Chicken Recipes have been shared with us today!!! Feel free to link up but remember follow the theme of CCC. Must be Fried Chicken!!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…