Well it’s that time of the week again my friends! Can you believe it??!! Oh sweet Friday! And boy do I have a sweet treat for you today! Co-Hosting with me today is Jessica from the Fuller Family. She is the Chef, Momma, maid, tailor, educator and write from Doggie At The Dinner Table. A cute blog that talks of her family and some fun around her dinner table. What I loved about Jessica’s blog the instant I saw it was her family ratings. Her family rates each of the meals she posts and then she shares them with her readers! How fun!
Jessica’s love for cooking came from her grandmother. She loves sharing time with her family in the kitchen and she really hopes to spread that desire onto her 3 children. Yes! 3 children! You know how much I gain respect for anyone that has one child never mind 3! Besides cooking this momma also enjoys crafting, music and of course her love for dogs. I would have to say that her doggie, Lucky is one happy dog over in that family!!
This week I chose one of Jessica’s recipes that is a breakfast dish. Why you ask? Well because on Monday, Wednesday and Friday I really love making special breakfasts for me Miss Madison to start our day off! This recipe spoke to me for a few reasons, one I love pancakes and two, I love banana’s and pecans! I had to try it, and let me tell you……………..so do you!! You will not be disappointed!!
Before I tell you all about this recipe I want to tell you about a few of her other recipes that I plan on making soon! Chilli Cheese Corn Dog Muffins! WOW…….ok I know what your thinking, I’m obsessed with Muffin dishes, well yes I am but that sounds like something I may just be able to get my picky daughter to eat!! I think her recipe for Tomato Basil Asiago Bruchetta sounds to die for! Another must read is her article about Canning, I’ve been dying to do some Canning this fall with all the fresh goodies we pick so go take a look at what Jessica made with Week 2 of her Canning.
Thanks for Co-Hosting with me Jessica!! You’ve been a great host. Ok here we go!!
Ricotta Pancakes with Banana Pecan Syrup
Ingredients (8 pankcakes) I cut the recipe in half to make 4.
Banana Butter Pecan Syrup:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- butter for greasing griddle
- Melt butter in a skillet over med heat. Add the pecans and saute for about 1 min, until fragrant. Add the bananas and saute for another 3 mins, until they begin to brown and caramelize. Add the syrup and cook for 2 mins until it is bubbly and begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside until needed. ( I also had some left over so I plan on using it to put on top of waffles another morning!).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. In another bowl beat egg yolks, milk, and ricotta and blend until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix gently by hand with a wooden spoon. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Add to the pancake mixture and fold in until well blended.
- Heat griddle over medium heat until hot. Grease with butter. Pour 1/2 cup batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook until you see bubbles. Flip pancake with a large spatula and continue cooking another 2 mins. Serve immediately topped with the syrup. How good does this look??? What a great combo!!
Ok here is nice close up for you just because this yummy breakfast deserves it! Make sure you go over and visit Jessica over at Doggie At The Dinner table to see what other awesome recipes this momma is cooking up! Make sure you tell her this Momma sent you!!