I made this for the first time last year it just really puts some awesome taste in your sweet potatoes. I grew up either never having sweet pototoes or not liking them I don’t know which, however I started eating them about 4 years ago when I wanted to start eating healthier. It’s a great fall recipe too!! I also put this on top of my Chicken Sheppard’s Pie (See Main Dish Section for Recipe) it’s different and a bit healthier!
• 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 1 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
and cut into cubes
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp honey
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauce pan on medium high heat, add 1 tbsp of broth and sauté onions until soft.
2. Add ginger and garlic and mix together with onions.
3. Add sweet potatoes, cinnamon, honey and remaining broth. Stir and let simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
4. Mix with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Serves 6: Calories: 141, Total Fats: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 54 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 32 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 3 g, Iron: 1 mg