I got this recipe from healthy child, I can’t wait for my daughter to start eating things like this! She needs some more teeth for these!
- 1/2 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 Cup Ian’s Whole Wheat Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Egg, scrambled
- 2 Tsp Gulden’s Mustard
How to Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
2. While oven heats, combine panko breadcrumbs, coconut, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper in a cereal size bowl. Whisk together egg and Dijon mustard in a second bowl.
3. Create an assembly line. One at a time, dip chicken tenders in egg and mustard mixture, then dip (and thoroughly coat) with whole wheat coconut mixture. Once coated, place chicken on aluminum foil lined rimmed baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Repeat with remaining chicken tenders.
4. Bake coconut crusted chicken tenders at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
5. Allow chicken tenders to rest for just a couple minutes, and then serve alongside your kiddo’s favorite dipping sauce!