I’m surly going to try these someday soon, sort of like my meatloaf cupcake recipe but this seems better for the kiddo’s! A great serving size and also I like that fact that it can be pureed for the babes out there!
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock (or low sodium chicken stock)
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
How To Make:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
2. On medium heat, sauté carrot, celery, onion and garlic in olive oil for 5-7 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
3. Add tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper, peas and vegetable stock.
4. Stir until tomato paste is combined.
5. Add ground meat, stir in to incorporate all the flavors into the meat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Fill muffin tin half way up with meat mixture.
7. Top with mashed potatoes
Recipe can be made ahead until this point. Refrigerate and bake when ready to serve.
Note: if serving to baby, once ground meat is cooked, puree or pulse the meat mixture in a food processor fitted with a steel blade or with a hand mixer. Puree or pulse until desired consistency is reached.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes have browned and the mixture is heated through to 160 degrees.