I’m going to try these tonight for my daughter, a fun way to eat potatoes!!! I’ll let you know how she likes them!!
* 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
* 2 cups mashed potatoes
* 1 tsp salt or to taste
* Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup flour
* 2 tbs butter
1. In a large bowl, stir together the chopped onion, mashed potatoes, salt, and pepper. Measure the flour onto a shallow plate.
2. With your hands, mold the mixture into 6 patties (using about 1/2 cup for each). Dredge the patties in flour and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the potato cakes in the melted butter, about 2 minutes per side, flipping once. When cakes are golden brown on the outside and heated through, remove from the pan and keep warm until serving time.