This is a crowd size ham! I love cooking ham because it feeds a crowd and it’s super easy! Looking for an easy and attractive garnish for this succulent ham? Use small whole pears, grape clusters and mint sprigs, or orange slices and maraschino cherries. Tip : This ham is perfect for sandwiches, and you can save the bone for making soup!
6 to 8 pounds (3 to 4 kg) fully cooked smoked bone-in ham
Whole cloves, if desired
1/4 cup (50 mL) honey
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground mustard
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting. Insert meat thermometer into ham surface at a slight angle or through the end of the ham so tip is in centre of thickest part of ham and does not touch bone or fat.
- Roast 12 to 16 minutes per pound in 325ºF oven or until thermometer reads 120ºF.
- Remove ham from oven. Pour drippings from pan. Remove any skin from ham. Cut fat surface of ham lightly in uniform diamond shapes; insert whole clove in each diamond.
- Mix honey, mustard and ground cloves; brush on ham. Roast uncovered about 20 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 135ºF.
- Cover ham with tent of aluminum foil and let stand about 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 140ºF.