When I started reading this recipe I was like wow yum that sounds awesome!! You could cut out some of the carbs by taking out the Tortellini, I know what’s the point if it’s Tortellini Stew, however it could become Tuscan Stew because everything else in it sounds amazing, I’ll make up my mind that day, I’m just thinking on a healthy note! (For once!) THE VERDICT IS IN…scroll down!
- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 4 ounce(s) thin green beans, trimmed and cut in 2-inch lengths
- 1 can(s) (28-ounce ) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 package(s) (9-ounce) fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 bag(s) (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients, except tortellini, spinach, and Parmesan cheese, in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours.
Uncover; turn slow cooker to high and stir in tortellini. Cover: continue to cook 15 minutes, or until pasta is almost tender.
Uncover; gently stir in spinach and Parmesan. Cover; cook 5 minutes until spinach is wilted down and tortellini is tender.
THE VERDICT IS IN:
If you read my blog for the day Day 9 of the Crock Pot Challenge, you’ll see that I didn’t get to try the soup!! YET…I will be having it today for lunch! However, my Mother-In-Law had it, even though she had never had Tortellini before and she said 2 thumbs up for sure! She said it was excellant!! So I’m looking forward to trying it! The only thiing I did different with this recipe is I didn’t get to add the spinach at the end since I was hurrying out the door, and I also added waaaay more broth to it, I probably tripled it! I like alot of broth and that was alot of veggies to put in there so that’s all I changed!