I found this one on Allrecipes.com, I wanted to try another Keilbasa recipe so why not try it in the crock. The Calories and Fat are way too high for me so I’m going to cut some of it down so see my comments below! I think this would be an awesome dish to serve over white rice!! YUM!
- 6 tablespoons butter (I’m going to use a little Olive oil or half of this with light butter)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I think I’ll only use a half a cup.
- 1/2 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use the Turkey or lower fat kielbasa)
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
Place sausage in a slow cooker with the sauce and onions. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. The longer it simmers the better!
Amount Per Serving Calories: 422 | Total Fat: 24.4g | Cholesterol: 60mg
THE VERDICT IS IN!!!
I had the Sweet & Sour Keilbasa over Jasmine Rice and it was AWESOME! Had a bit of a bite but was sweet, I thought it was awesome! Click for the review!! I used Turkey Keilbasa, Half a cup of the brown sugar and I skipped the step of cooking the onions, I just put the onions on the bottom added the kielbasa, all the ingredients and cooked on low for 2 hours then I added a bag of thawed out mixed veggies and turned it to high for a 45 min and wala!!!! Very tasty!! I will be making this again!!