This is one easy dish to make!! Risotto is usually alot of stirring and standing their but I can pop something in the microwave and walk away with this one! Can’t wait to try it, kind of high on the calorie scale for me but if just think you have your veggie right in this dish!!
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked Arborio rice or other medium-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen pureed butternut squash (such as McKenzie’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Thyme (optional)
- 1. Combine rice and oil in a 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish, stirring to coat. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 3 minutes.
- 2. Add broth and 1 cup water to rice mixture; microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 9 minutes. Stir well; microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 6 minutes. Remove from microwave; let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3. While risotto stands, heat squash in microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until warm. Add squash, salt, pepper, and cheese to risotto. Stir well to combine. Garnish with additional cheese and thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 55.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 814mg
- Calcium: 98mg