I stumpled across this woman’s blog, wow she’s got some great recipes! This is surely part of my 28 Day Healthy Challenge Menu Items!! Can’t wait to try it! It’s a great option for when your trying to cut out carbs at night!!! I hope it’s as yummy as it sounds! Thanks Mother Rimmy!!!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
- 2 cups carrot , thinly julienned (I used a bag of Broccoli cole slaw)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce (I used a homemade version)* See below
- 2 cups mung beans sprouts
- 4 cups lettuce
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add ground beef. Cook 3 – 5 minutes, then add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Cook another 5 – 6 minutes to soften vegetables and cook meat through.
Add teriyaki sauce and mung beans. Heat through for 2 – 3 minutes.
Tear off lettuce leaves large enough to use as lettuce cups for meat.
Nutrition Per Serving (4 Servings)
Calories: 271, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6
Total Fat: 5.56g
Total Carbs: 23.54g
Dietary Fiber: 4.33g
I forgot to buy Teriyaki Sauce so I looked this up and went with this:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar, or equivalent artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger