I made this a few years ago for friends, my husband and girl friend liked it very much, as did I of course. I’d like to get my grandmothers recipe some day because she made TO DIE for Chowder. I do know she put in pieces of bacon in hers, not the healthiest but hey she was french! This is a healthier version. I chopped the potatoes and carrots very small. Someday when I don’t care how I’m eatting, I’m going to add fresh bacon bits to it like my gram used to 🙂
- ½ Cup chopped carrots
- 1 Cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 Cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp white pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in pcs.
- 2 1/2 (15oz) cans creamed corn
- 1 cup dried potato flakes (I found I needed more of this when I made it)
- ½ Cup grated parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients except dried potato flakes and cheese into a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Add potato flakes and stir well to combine.
Cook mixture on high uncovered for 5-10 min or until thickened and dried potato flakes have dissolved.
Top each serving with cheese.