What’s the surprise??? The Secret Sauce!!! I found this recipe as I was looking for a steak recipe for my husband, it comes from the Eating Well website however I changed it a bit to do something else with it, it was originally a kabob recipe but that’s more for the summer with this fam!
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds strip steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into strips
- 1 large Zucchini, Cut into strips
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms
Combine cilantro, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, chile powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat Grill (I use a Grill pan during the winter.)
Toss the veggies pieces with oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Saute in a Saute pan for roughly 20 min, depending on how you like your veggies. Grill Steak, turning once or twice, until the steak reaches desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium. Serve the steak over the sauted Veggies and drizzle (or dip) with the reserved sauce.
Per serving: 271 calories; 9 g fat ( 3 g sat , 4 g mono ); 65 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 2 g fiber; 368 mg sodium; 786 mg potassium.