Oh my I think I’m going to try this later! Have breakfast in the morning!! YUMMY!!! & Healthy! What a great idea to have breakfast in the crock!! I found this recipe on the Prevention website. I ended up cutting the recipe in half because I knew it would be too much when me and my daughter are the only ones who would eat it. I also used all cranberries because I had no raisins and I also added a few pecans for fun!! So YUMMY!
- 1 1/2 cup(s) steel cut oats
- 3 cup(s) milk (2% or skim)
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) cream or half and half (or substitute milk or water)
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
Grease slow cooker, add all the ingredients to cooker and mix well.
Heat on low for 8 hours.
|SATURATED FAT||4.8 G|
|TOTAL SUGARS||21.5 G|
|DIETARY FIBER||2.2 G|