I read this, then looked at the picture and immediatly thought of Domino’s cheesy bread, which is a favorite of mine, I love pizza but growing up the sauce always bothered my stomach, when you order the cheesy bread you get the bread and cheesy goodness without the belly ache, I choose to dip my breads in oil my hubby prefers sauce, but this………you probably don’t need anything to dip it in! YUM!! This is from Simply Recipes.com but I’m going to healthify it for you (us)!!
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese (low fat)
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese (low fat)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Light)
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (Lightl)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup, 4 ounces), softened to the point of being slightly melted
- 1 to 2 loaves of French or Italian bread (I used Ciabatta), depending on the size of the loaves (How about whole wheat??)
1 In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
2 Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3 Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
Makes 30 to 40 slices (I really can’t imagine it making this many but use your judgement by the size of the bread)