I got this recipe from the www.foodnework.com I just happened to be watching the food network (my new guilty pleasure) and this show $10 Dinners with Melissa d’Arabian happened to be on, these looked real good and it’s a vegetarian dish to boot!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups white beans, soaked for 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian chicken soup base
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Special equipment: slow cooker
Grease the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, smoke paprika, soup base, red pepper flakes, garlic, bay leaf, carrots, celery, onions and tomatoes into the slow cooker along with 1/2 cup water. Stir and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Add 3 tablespoons water halfway through cooking, if needed.