I came across this one while searching for Valentine’s Day crafts, it actually came from Good Housekeeping I feel old admitting to that however I actually like the magazine!
- 4 (about 4 ounces each) well-trimmed beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon), 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 (1/4 cup) large shallot, minced
- 1 package(s) (10 ounces) sliced white mushrooms
- 1 package(s) (4 ounces) assorted sliced wild mushrooms
- 1/4 cup(s) port wine
Sprinkle steaks on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add steaks and cook 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning steaks over once. Transfer steaks to platter; keep warm.
To drippings in skillet, add oil and shallot, and cook 1 minute, stirring often. Add mushrooms and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and cook until liquid evaporates and mushroom mixture is golden, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add port and 1/4 cup water; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Spoon mushroom sauce over steaks.