I found this recipe on hearthealthyonline.com I always like making something different and I don’t cook turkey much so this would be something quick and easy to try. It took no time! To see my step-by-step directions for this recipe please click here: Turkey Thursday!
- 4 ounces dried whole wheat or plain noodles
- 1 8 ounce carton light dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into bite-size slices
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; keep warm. In a small bowl stir together sour cream and flour; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add broccoli. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more or until mushrooms are browned and tender and broccoli is crisp-tender.
Add broth, onion powder, and pepper to skillet. Bring to boiling. Whisk in sour cream mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir turkey into mixture in skillet; heat through.
Serve turkey mixture with noodles.