Another favorite from Skinnytaste.com!! Gina rocks! I’ve been dying to try something like this! Scroll down for detailed steps! For home made pita chips click here.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 8 oz skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for topping
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- fat free sour cream (optional)
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chopped onion and choppped garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Pour into crock pot.
Add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste.
Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, pita chips. You can also top with avocado or cilantro. Enjoy!
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups + cheese • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 260.9 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 25.4 g • Carb: 29.9 g • Fiber: 6.7 g• Sugar: 4.1 g
Sodium: 572 mg (without salt)