I like any kind of stroganoff honestly hamburger helper makes the best boxed kind, but again trying to keep it as healthy as I can for this family!! I recommend this one, you can use chicken if you’d like too, sometimes I change it up. This can also be made in the crock pot too, I’m sure you’ve discovered by now that this momma is a huge fan of the crock pot. I always thought it was great for working busy momma’s however I stay home now with my daugther and I still use it at least twice a week!! It’s so nice to set and forget! This one I made on the stove top though, quick and easy!
- 4 ounces dried whole wheat or plain noodles
- 1 8 ounce carton light dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into bite-size slices
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; keep warm. In a small bowl stir together sour cream and flour; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey. Season with Salt, Pepper and Onion Powder. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink inside.
Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add broccoli. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more or until mushrooms are browned and tender and broccoli is crisp-tender.
Bring to boiling. Whisk in sour cream mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir turkey into mixture in skillet; heat through.
Serve turkey mixture with noodles.
You can also serve over rice if you’d like, we like both!! YUMMY!!