Ok so again I have found a handful of recipes to make this “White” Pizza. I wanted to attempt it because a pizza place down the street from us has an amazing Garlic White pizza……..so why not try and make my own!! Here is how I did it!!
- 1 frozen batch of pizza dough (I buy Whole Wheat Portland Pie from Hannaford’s)
- 1 3/4 cups fresh 50% reduced fat shredded white cheddar cheese,
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 large cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Pizza Seasoning (basil, oregano can be used)
- 1 Plum Tomato
- 1 tbsp. of flour
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp reduced fat feta cheese
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
What to do:
Sprinkle the flour on a flat service and roll the dough on it, spread onto a pizza pan.
Preheat oven to 450. In a small sauce pan mix the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and boil on low until fragrant. (I had a hard time on how long to actually do this for, but then all of a sudden my whole house smelled like garlic!)
Sprinkle dough with onion powder, garlic salt and pizza seasoning.
Don’t pour the olive oil and garlic mixture on the actual pizza but use a brush to dip into the sauce pan and spread it evenly over the dough. Most of the large pieces of garlic will stay in the pan.
Cook for 10 minutes (or according to packaged directions). Also feel free to add whatever toppings you like!!
I make this for myself because my husband prefers lots of meat and red sauce!! THIS WAS AWESOME!!