I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman herself Ree Drummond! I saw it on a repeat episode this morning and I’m sort of on a tomato kick so I’m going for it!
- 4 to 6 ripe tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used one)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, lightly chopped
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
Cut the tomatoes into 4 wedges (I cut around the stem and pull it out.
Cut the wedges in half and add to a bowl.
Lop off the tops of the green onions, then slice the white and mostly light green parts really thin. Chop the parsley and basil to get it ready.
Add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Add brown sugar, dash of salt and pepper to a jar.
Screw on the lid and shake to combine.
Pour the dressing in and toss. (I didn’t use it all and it was plenty
Wala!! Healthy Goodness!!
Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. (Served here with Chicken and Rustic Mustard)