Something different for a side, loading veggies with you starch helps you get full faster and you eat less of those carbs!! Even easier if the broccoli is left over from a previous night.
- 1-2 bags of brown rice (depending on how many your serving, 1 bag serves 2 people)
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets (4 cups if serving 4 people using 2 bags of rice)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped (double if serving 4)
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
Trim stems off broccoli, cut into small pieces and season with salt. Steam covered with a little water until cooked, careful not to overcook. When broccoli is cooked, remove from pan and chop into smaller pieces.
Meanwhile, on a high flame in a medium pan add water and salt, cover till boils. Add rice and cook as directed. Reserve about 1/2 cup liquid before draining. Drain rice in a colander and add oil to the pan. Saute garlic a few minutes until golden, add broccoli, season with salt and mix well. Add rice and stir to combine all. Add a little reserved liquid if the pasta seems dry. Serve with freshly grated cheese.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
Calories: 174.1 • Fat: 4.3 • Carbs: 30.2 • Fiber: 3.8 • Protein: 6.0