Two of the Three #SundaySuppers we’ve all been anticipating is here!!!! I’ve been looking forward to this event for weeks! I was lucky enough to win one of the best cookbooks I’ve ever laid my eyes upon, and was also invited to take part in this awesome event where us food bloggers highlight some of the author’s recipes!! Do you remember last months awesome recipes I shared?? Well we are doing even more favorites this week! I’m doing my take on individual pizza’s!! I decided on a Breakfast Pizza and a Pizza using Katie’s recipe of Sauteed Corn, Spinach and Bacon! YUMMY!!
The Sunday Supper Group has enjoyed creating Katie’s recipes. We are honored to have Katie as our guest during our #SundaySupper live chat at 7:00 pm est. Join us and chat with Katie about being a mom, kids and Spending time Around the Family Table.
Cookbook Name: The Mom 100 Cookbook
Author of this awesome book: Katie Workman
What this cookbook is about: “The lifesaving cookbook that every mom needs, filled with delicious, no-fuss, easily adaptable recipes, plus tips, attitude and wisdom for surviving and staying happy in the kitchen while proudly keeping it homemade. Because homemade not only tastes best, it is best for you.” In Katie’s own words!
Why you NEED to by this fantastic cookbook: Because this momma said! I know you trust me.
I’m also going to be giving away another free cookbook!! Yes! All yours for free!
What do you have to do:
Don’t forget to scroll down and check out what everyone else brought to this awesome #SundaySupper.
Individual Breakfast Pizzas
Yield: 2 servings (I’m making 1 serving of this pizza today and 1 serving of the pizza below)
- 1 lb ball pizza dough, (I usually use Whole Wheat from Portland Pie, but I happened to have a generic pizza dough in the fridge)
- flour, for rolling out dough
- 1/2 Cup of Pre-Cooked Sausage, defrosted (I buy Jimmy Dean’s turkey sausage)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 1 large egg
- 2 sliced green onions, green and white parts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. of sweet pizza sauce
- Bring dough to room temperature. Divide into 2 equal portions, light your grill and set on medium.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat work surface. Roll each ball of dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Brush olive oil evenly over one rolled out dough rounds.
- Grill pizza dough for roughly 5-8 minutes. (sorry every grill is different)
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly over one cooked pizza dough round. Top with crumbled sausage. Crack one egg on top of the sausage in the center of each pizza. Top with sliced green onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (the sausage is very salty on it’s own, if you buy the low fat kind, just keep that in mind.) and close the grill and cook for another additional 10-15 min (again just keep an eye on the bottom at the same time as you want to cook your egg.)
The final results…………Breakfast is in people!!
Look at that beautiful breakfast waiting for you to eat it all up!
Then slicing it……..I know your drooling now!
Individual Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza
To make a whole pizza just double the ingredients, or triple them if you want some of this as a side dish for a meal! This recipe is in Kate’s cookbook as Sauteed Corn, Spinach & Bacon. Thanks to a wonderful foodie blogger friend Sue over at Sue’s Nutrition Buzz, I got the idea of putting it on my pizza!
Feel free to make this as a side dish because I ate half of it as is then added the other half to the pizza LOL!!
2 slices bacon, cut into 1-strips (optional)
1/2 shallot, minced
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
2 scallions, both white and light green parts, sliced
1/2-1 cup baby spinach leaves
Half a Pizza dough
Saute shallot with a little olive oil, toss in corn and green onions a minute later. Then toss in the spinach and saute until it wilts. Toss in your bacon crumbles at the end to warm through. (I use the precooked bacon because it’s easier!).
Lightly oil half of your dough (or whole) and add a little sweet pizza sauce (you don’t have to do this, but I loved it) cook the dough for 8-10 min.
Place this mixture on half of the pizza dough that has already cooked for 8-10 min. If making a whole pizza this way just cook the dough to almost done and add this mixture on at the very end.
The point of it is to get your dough a little formed then add your toppings for both of your pizza’s.
You will not be disappointed with either of these pizzas!!
The corn may fall off while your eating it, but it makes it all the more fun!!
Here is what everyone else is bringing to the #SundaySupper table!! Check them out and be sure to tell them this Momma sent you!
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing Shockingly Delicious @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla Daily Dish Recipes @nicolehcook
- Pear, Goat cheese and Pancetta Grilled Pizza MamaMommyMom @mamamommymom
- Turkey Meat Sauce The Meltaways @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce GirliChef @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a homemade cilantro chimichurri Juanita’s Cocina @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizza Big Bears Wife @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad Basic n Delicious @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken Are you Hungry? @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo – Cuban Style Comfy Cuisine @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables Magnolia Days @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole Twitter Doggie at The Dinner Table @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style Cooking by the seat of our pants @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Summer Pineapple The Queen’s Notebook @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas Meal Planning Magic @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles Cupcakes and Kale Chips @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals @mommasmeals
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and scallions! Mama’s Blissful Bites @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle My Trials in the Kitchen @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla In The Kitchen with KP @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers Real Best Recipe @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits Sue’s Nutrition Buzz @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw In the Kitchen with Audrey @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions That Skinny Chick Can Bake @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style Family Foodie @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies Mrs. Mama Hen @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Chocolate Moosey @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple cookies What Smells So Good? @jo_jo_ba
Wine pairing Wine Everyday @wineeveryday
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook