When this event came about I volunteered to take part right away! I didn’t care what day it was, I didn’t care what I had going on. This Momma is a big fan of wine, but I have to be honest, I don’t cook with it much, only when a recipe calls for it. Well you can’t count what I drink while I’m making dinner of course! It’s been quite the learning experience.
The #SundaySupper group has joined together for another amazing dinner. We have partnered up with Schlossadler Wines!! Some lucky winners even got sent some samples to cook with, even though I wasn’t chosen I knew I still wanted to be a part of this #SundaySupper. You have to take a look at their website, it’s pretty impressive.
This talented group of Sunday Supper Bloggers have developed fabulous recipes and would like to introduce these wines to you:
- 2006 H.O. Becker, Kerner Auslese, Rheinhessen
- 2010 Ernst Holler, Blaufrankisch, Burgenland
- 2010 Kotuku Winery, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
Since this was such an important even for me (hello I got married at a vineyard remember!) I really wanted to make a Pasta recipe using wine. I don’t like a lot of red sauces so I found this recipe from Rachael Ray’s magazine that was for a White Ragu Sauce. Right up my ally guys!! WOW is all I have to say about this dish. Now the regular recipe called it to be made with a thicker spaghetti, however I decided to make it with Penne Rigate. Honestly, the only thing I would change about this recipe is that I would make it with the spaghetti!! Would have been easier to keep all of the yummy meat on my fork! I will be making this again because I had enough to freeze some. Yay Momma!
- 1 handful dried porchini mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/4 Cup of vegetable broth
- 1 pound ground turkey, patted dry
- 1/3 pound bulk sweet italian pork sausage
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small rib celery with leafy top, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 – 12 small sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup milk
- Grated pecorino-romano, for serving
My first step when making a dish like this is always to prepare everything that your putting into it. I chopped my onion, celery, carrot and sage and got everything ready to add when I needed it.
Heat the EVOO, 2 turns of a large skillet, over high heat until smoking. Stir in the turkey to brown slightly, then stir in the sausage, crumbling the meat. Add the carrot, celery, onion, garlic and sage; season generously with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. This wasn’t the wine I used to cook, this is the wine I drank while cooking!
Stir in the wine to deglaze, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the tomato paste and broth, stir.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. (I did this while the sauce was cooking.)Stir in the milk, add mushrooms and lower the heat to medium-high and cook to thicken. (this took me 30 min which was perfect time for the pasta.)
Add the pasta and toss. Top with a liberal amount of cheese.
- A Midsummer’s Picnic w/ Wine by GirliChef
- Shrimp Scampi with Homemade Garlic Toast by Big Bears Wife
- Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw by ENOFYLZ
- Wine & Dine with Schlossadler International Wine Club by Wine Everyday
- Elegant Pot Roast by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chicken with Feta and Sundried Tomatoes + Apple Crisp by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shepherd’s Pie with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy by Juanita’s Cocina
- Pork Piccatta by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Skagen Salad in Avocado Halves by Tora’s Real Food
- Shrimp Salad With Lemon Tarragon Dressing by Magnolia Days
- Red, White and Cordon Bleu by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Florentine by There and Back
- Penne Rigate with a White Ragu Sauce by Momma’s Meals
- Moules a la Provencale by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Delicious BBQ Ribs by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chicken and Mushroom Chicken Piccata by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Ginger Roast Chicken with Red Wine Plum Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Beef Stroganoff by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Strawberry-Pink Champagne Sorbet by The Messy Baker Blog
- Italian Style Baby Back Ribs by Cooking Underwriter
- Muscat and Raspberry Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Pretty in Pink Champagne Macarons by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Late Harvest Citrus Cake by Vintage Kitchen Note
- Roasted Sausages with Grapes by Comfy Cuisine