How happy does this theme make you?? Yah, who isn’t all about easy but healthy dishes to put together for a busy night. Even being a SAHM I look for these kinds of dishes and ingredients. So join me in thanking our fabulous Hostess this week!! Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites is our hostess with the mostest and I couldn’t be happier. What was that? Oh that name sounds familiar?? Yes it does, that’s because this Momma was a Featured Co-Host just last month! So Amber thought of this genius idea of a meal with five ingredients or less, I knew this would be a great theme for a lot of my readers because, well we are all busy! I could have made a harder decision on what I chose to make, I could have been more creative, but I didn’t want to. I saw this recipe while browsing through Eating Wells website.
Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza
Recipe Adapted from: Eating Well
Serves: 2 adults w/one child
I used one pre-made pizza dough (StoneFire, one of my favorite whole wheat doughs)
1 large tomato
1 Pkg of dry Pesto Sauce (Or homemade if you have any on hand!)
4 oz of Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
Make Pesto according to package directions. This took seconds and I was able to put half of it away for later use.
Pour and spread Pesto onto the pizza dough (If you are using homemade dough you may want to cook the dough for a few minutes to stiffen it up.)
Place sliced tomato on top of the pesto, layering however way you like it.
Pour feta on top of the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. The original recipe called for basil, but I only had fresh cilantro and I was NOT disappointed. The good thing about pesto is that it has great flavor already so you really don’t need to use any seasonings.
Cook for the amount of time your dough takes. Mine was for 12 minutes at 400F.
I can’t even believe the flavor this pizza had. I’ve never had feta on pizza before, but you know me, I love trying new pizza’s. This is surly one I’m glad I tried!! Feta doesn’t melt like other cheese, actually the pizza didn’t even look cooked when it was done, but boy oh boy was it ever. 🙂
So simple, but so good. Yeah it was lunch the next day.
Here are some other MUST TRY dishes for you and your family on those busy nights when you want to whip up something quick and easy! Stop on over and tell them this Momma sent you! Also, Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog